Yesterday, I cooked some hotcake as per request by my father dear. He really loves hotcake or pancake that if he went to a grocery, a box of pancake will always be included. My niece and nephew loves to eat it too, as a matter of fact, they even helped me prepare some of the ingredients and sometimes they really wanted to do the cooking which is not yet advisable because its too hot for them to handle.
So let’s begin.
- cream all purpose flour-1kg
- water-2 cups or depends on the solution
- sugar-2 cups or depends on how you want it too sweet or not
- margarine-1-2 tablespoon
- vanilla extract-a little amount
- yeast or baking powder (if available, but its best if you have this to make the hotcake mix rise)
- dissolve the sugar with water,
- beat the egg slightly in the bowl and add it on the dissolved sugar and water
- you may add a little amount of margarine first and you may add another later
- add the flour to the mix solution, stir just until slightly lumpy (do not over mix)
- add another amount of margarine
- add a little amount of vanilla extract
- and add yeast or baking powder and set it aside for 20-30 minutes to let the solution rise
Pre-heat the pan, add a little amount of butter or margarine or an oil (whatever is available). Pour and amount of hotcake mix on the pan and cook until bubbly.
Turn to cook other side.
Cook both sides.
You may add pancake syrup, honey, butter or margarine, whichever is available.
Voila! enjoy eating!.
ciao everyJuan 😍