Last Friday was my schedule for my passport application, I was with my friend and her colleague. It was 2:30 in the afternoon and we finished at exactly 3:30 pm. I was amazed that the process didn’t take much longer and we are just sitting there talking while waiting for our turn.
If you want to apply also for your passport, you may follow these steps:
- Do the online application on this link www.passport.com.ph
- Then you click Schedule Appointment tab
- After clicking, it will redirect you to Terms and Condition in which you are asked to choose either Individual Appointment or Group Appointment
- After choosing, you will now start to fill-up the necessary informations about you, please do check twice, thrice or may be for the fourth time if all your entries are correct.
- Just follow the steps there and do the confirmation
- After you have finished all the entries and you already confirmed the application, you need to print it out on an A4 size bondpaper
On the time of the scheduled appointment, things to remember:
- Your appearance is badly needed.
- Go to the location 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- You must prepare the necessary documents (requirements) original and photocopy (as for my requirements, I only brought — NSO, barangay clearance, NBI (local only), cedula, E1-SSS, voter’s ID, TIN ID, Pag-ibig ID, and Philhealth ID), never forget to bring with you the original documents because they will get the original rather than the photocopy but still do have the photocopies for basing purposes. Sabi nila, one ID and 3 supporting documents, since in doubt ako dahil local ang nakuha kong NBI samantalang sa kanila ay for travel abroad kaya dinala ko nalang lahat kung anong meron ako, pero ibinalik nila ang cedula ko at yung mga photocopy ng original documents ko, ang original nalang na natira was my E1 and half of my NBI form.
- Once you are already on the site, you may proceed directly to the DFA office located at 4th floor Pacific Mall, MC Bacalso St Corner U.N. Ave, Estancia, Mandaue City.
- Approach the guard on-duty to check if you are in their list of confirmed schedule, once you are their they will let you proceed to the PROCESSING section.
- PROCESSING section is where your application form and requirements are to be checked, they will interview you about the information presented in your application form and requirements.
- Once done with the processing they will let you proceed to the CASHIER in which you will pay for the passport amount (Regular – Php 950.00 & Express – Php 1,200.00). Regular application will be released 20-25 days while in Express it will be released only for 10 days.
- After paying you can already proceed to the encoding section in which you will wait for your turn for the image capturing, index and thumb mark and checking of the final entries about your personal information. The guard will guide you where you will sit down, you will be advised to remove all jewelries like earrings, and necklace you are wearing. Just be patient in waiting because it will all worth it.
P.S Tentative date for releasing of passport are located at the bottom part of your receipt passport copy handwritten by the cashier.
That’s it, hope it can help you all.