I’m cooking a sotanghon with sardines as the main ingredients. If you don’t have a meat or a fish you can use a sardines as an alternative. The name of our main dish is Sotanghon with Sardines.
- sardines (you may use meat or round scad)
- red bell pepper
- cayenne pepper
- soy sauce
- vetsin or magic sarap
- and boiling water
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the onions and garlic as well as the carrots, red bell pepper and the cayenne pepper thinly and vertically.
- Rinse the sotanghon and cut it in half.
- Prepare the sardines.
- In the pan heat the oil then cook the garlic and onion first, after a few seconds add up the carrots and the red bell pepper, once the spices are already half cooked, pour on the sardines and season it first with the soy sauce and the vetsin or magic sarap. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes you may now add up a the hot water and the cayenne pepper and season it with the salt until the flavor is good. Let it simmer for another few minutes.
- Add up the sotanghon and mix it up.
- Let it cool so that the sotanghon will sip the broth. After few minutes you can now serve the dish.
Sotanghon with Sardines served in the table. The vegetables and spices add up to beautify and make the dish more yummy.
Since I was the one who cooked it, let me brag myself that my dish is yummy hahahahaha. Syempre sino pa ang mag aappreciate eh di ako na rin ay meron din pala family ko dahil naubos nila lahat eh. Thank you to my dear family.
Hope you can follow my procedures. Isang simpleng ulam na subrang daling gawin para sa pamilya.